Monday, November 18, 2013

Bringing my Passion to the Future: #7

      As I have done my research, I have found that there are many professional opportunities for me to pursue in music. However, not many of the careers I think I would actually want to do. I think I would really enjoy being a music teacher or possibly a music therapist. I love helping people and making them better, and I want to make a difference in people's lives by using music just like others have to me. I thought about also being a private voice teacher, because I like working one on one with people, as well.
      Currently I mentor a singing group at the middle school, which is giving me some experience and showing me what it is like to work with a group of students. I really enjoy it!
      As I looked at my other option of music therapy, I really liked the idea of helping others and I love working with mentally disabled and other people alike. One thing I noticed that I didn't really like about being a music therapist, is you have to take biology courses. I really really like science, but not the biology part!
      Also, neither of these jobs pay super well, but they aren't terrible either.
      I think I will keep further researching more options for a future in music until I have found a perfect match!

No comments:

Post a Comment