Thursday, October 10, 2013

Singing and Dancing for Children is my Passion : #1

   My name is Alex, and for my 20 Time project, I have partnered up with my friend Lexie to share our talents with children in hospitals. Music is a huge part of my life and is undoubtedly my passion. I have been playing the piano for 10 years and I am also a singer. I am involved in as many singing ensembles as my schedule allow, one of my favorites being the York County Junior Honors Choir which has helped shape me into a better person, as well as using my musical talent as a gift to other. I also take private vocal and piano lessons. I've always wanted to make a difference in someone's life through singing and inspire them like I have been inspired by my role model singers.
   Together, Lexie and I will coordinate a little show of singing and dancing, including her passion of dancing because want to bring smiles and inspire children in hospitals who are suffering from cancer or other conditions/diseases.
   Why children in hospitals? Well, Lexie's dad has cancer so it strikes home and is very important to her. Cancer isn't a thing to take lightly, or easy to deal with. It is very important to myself, as well, as I know family members who have or have had cancer. So by doing this project we want to enlighten the lives of the fighters, and give them hope and joy. Just like others have inspired me, I want to inspire these children. Who better to inspire than kids who have to fight giant battles from a very young age, and help them becoming inspired for the life they have ahead of them?

                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment